felix-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Willem Janssen <janwillem.jans...@luminis.eu>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Contribution of Bundle ARchive (BAR) installer
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2017 15:12:41 GMT

> On 9 Oct 2017, at 14:00, Neil Bartlett (Paremus) <neil.bartlett@paremus.com> wrote:
> Hello Jan,
>> On 9 Oct 2017, at 09:56, Jan Willem Janssen <janwillem.janssen@luminis.eu>
>>> On 7 Oct 2017, at 18:30, Neil Bartlett (Paremus) <neil.bartlett@paremus.com>
>>> Hello Felix developers,
>>> I would like to initiate a contribution of external code into Apache Felix. This
code is being contributed on behalf of Intel Corporation, who funded development. The contribution
is a plugin for File Install — an implementation of the ArtifactInstaller service — which
handles Bundle ARchive (BAR) files. This is a proposed format for an aggregate of functionality
represented as one or more OSGi bundles along with an OSGi index. It includes use of the OSGi
resolver API to check consistency and permits overlapping resources from multiple installable
Open Security Controller project (https://www.opensecuritycontroller.org/ <https://www.opensecuritycontroller.org/>).
>> Nice work! I’ve glanced through the code and was wondering whether it is an idea
to separate the file-install specifics from the more generic resolver/management parts. It
would allow BARs to be installed by using different means (for example, a custom management
agent) than
>> file install.
> Yes that would be a relatively simple refactoring. I suggest looking at this kind of
change after the initial contribution is in the Apache incubator.

Sure, no problem. Happy to accept this contribution...

I do see a copyright notice from Intel in the source files. Do we need an
CCLA for this contribution?

Met vriendelijke groeten | Kind regards

Jan Willem Janssen | Software Architect
+31 631 765 814

My world is something with Amdatu and Apache

Luminis Technologies
John F. Kennedylaan 32
7314 PS  Apeldoorn
+31 88 586 46 25