felix-dev mailing list archives

From Raymond Auge <raymond.a...@liferay.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] How should felix framework + gogo shell behave when Ctrl-C is received
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2017 14:05:26 GMT
I really hate the current behaviour and have been wanting to fix it for
years.

However, Ctrl-C is a specific POSIX terminal code SIGINT which should, by
default, terminate _foreground_ applications (things you invoked in the
shell session).

Meanwhile, in order to be consistent with shells and terminal emulators
across the *nix-verse the proper _exit_ code should be EOF (i.e. Ctrl-D).

I think both of these codes are not properly used in gogo.

- Ray

 (@rotty3000)
 (@Liferay)