felix-dev mailing list archives

From David Leangen <o...@leangen.net>
Subject Re: [utils] support ordering for JSON objects in JSONParser?
Date Tue, 21 Feb 2017 07:41:19 GMT

I don’t particularly see a problem with it.

+1 (for keeping, non binding)

Cheers,
=David

> On Feb 21, 2017, at 4:34 PM, Stefan Seifert <sseifert@pro-vision.de> wrote:
>
> i created FELIX-5556 to make sure JSON object order is retained when parsing a JSON file,
and reverted the commit after the complaint from felix.

> background:
> - the original JSON spec [1] clearly defined JSON objects "is an unordered collection"
> - the revised JSON spec [2] states the same, but adds an additional paragraph
>
> "JSON parsing libraries have been observed to differ as to whether or
> not they make the ordering of object members visible to calling
> software.  Implementations whose behavior does not depend on member
> ordering will be interoperable in the sense that they will not be
> affected by these differences."
>
> do we want to support it in the felix utils JSONParser? seems to set wrong expectations
following the spec, but other much used libs as gson and jackson seem to do it by default.
so if no one votes to explicitly support it i will cancel FELIX-5556.