felix-dev mailing list archives

From Raymond Auge <raymond.a...@liferay.com>
Subject [converter]
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2017 18:04:57 GMT
Hello DavidB,

I'm using the converter in the CDI work I'm doing and I'm noting a strange
behaviour in converting Annotations (qualifiers) to Maps. Basically it
looks like the converter is following all methods of the annotation type,
rather than only the declared method:

In other words, if I start with an Annotation like so:

    public @interface ComplexEnoughKey {
        String value();

used as:

Using the converter like so:

Map<String, String> map = _converter.convert(annotation).to(new
TypeReference<Map<String, String>>(){});

I'm getting a map like this:

{hashCode=1335732849, annotationType=interface

I was expecting:

Shouldn't annotations only use the

Also, I don't see any name mangling happening. I thought that was part of
the standard rules.

Do I chalk all this up to "work in progress"? If so I can send some PRs
with fixes for the above.

- Ray