felix-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Pauls <karlpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Do we need to support other logging frameworks in felix framework?
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2017 12:31:00 GMT
>> Shouldn’t we try to get the specification extended to define a well known property
for configuration map handed to the FrameworkFactory.newFramework method which names some
sort of logger ?

>> Unfortunately that configuration map is Map<String, String> so the logger itself
cannot be provided … but maybe some factory class name or so ?

> Yepp, something in this direction was my suggestion as well - doesn't
> work with the map due to String objects,but we could add a new method.
> I already created an issue for this in the OSGi issue tracker, so we
> will discuss this in one of our next calls I hope

Yeah, something like this sounds like the way to go. I was wondering
if it isn't a possibility to overload the init() method on the system
bundle to optionally accept a logging object of some kind...

regards,

Karl

> Carsten
>
>> Regards
>> Felix
>>
>>> Am 24.02.2017 um 16:39 schrieb Christian Schneider <chris@die-schneider.net>:
>>>
>>> The problem is that we can not directly depend on the felix framework from karaf
as we must be able to switch between equinox and felix.

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com