felix-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@apache.org>
Subject Implementation of unreleased spec and community
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2017 10:41:34 GMT
I'm a bit concerned by some subprojects in our communities.

The ASF is supposed to be "community over code", so the very basic thing
for a project is that people can get involved.

However, I see more and more code developped as a reference implementation
of a spec which is not publicly available, because it's still being
developed at the OSGi Alliance.  I find that very disturbing because
there's no way the community can get involved unless they are OSGi Alliance
members, and that's clearly not acceptable imho.

Thoughts ?
Guillaume Nodet