felix-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What branch to do OSGi R-next work in.
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2017 16:06:14 GMT
Felix Meschberger wrote
> Hmm, this sounds confusing somehow…
>
> why not have:
>
>    felix/trunk/configadmin — releasable R6 based Config Admin
>    felix/trunk/scr — releasable R6 based DS
>    felix/branches/osgi-r7/configadmin — un-releasable R7 work on Config Admin
>    felix/branches/osgi-r7/scr — un-releasable R7 work on DS
>
> … and this can be continued for other projects where we work on for R7 implementations
such as the Configurator etc.

> Drawback is, that this is somehow „hidden“ in a different, yet SVN custom, branch
tree.

Exactly, I started in such a branch but moved it to trunk for more
visibility. People complained that the work was not visible.
Not easy to make it right for everyone...

What about renaming scr to scr-r7-branch and scr-2.0.x to scr and the
same for config admin but leaving them in trunk?
Or creating and osgi-r7 directory in trunk and move the stuff there?
And we should not forget that this is only a temporary problem, roughly
from about now until the release. So maybe something like 9 months...

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland