felix-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] [POLICY] IP tracking for OSGi APIs
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2017 10:42:53 GMT
Guillaume Nodet wrote

>>> Well maybe it should, but again, I don't think it has always been done
>>> correctly in the past...
>>> Hence this proposal to discuss what options we have to actually correctly
>>> implement it.
>>>
>> As said, it must be option #2, always and I'm not aware of any case
>> where it hasn't.
>>

> Cool.  Then it should be very easy to simply add the source of the api in
> the commit log, is it ?
> David just did it yesterday, it does not seem very complicated:
>
> https://github.com/apache/felix/commit/94b4ca9a58ab15f70eead73736d80183688a6325
> Where's the problem ? I really don't understand.

What David did is exactly what I said is the way to do it. But still the
OSGi API is
not available in public, so unless you have access to the private OSGi
git repo,
you can't check whether the reference given there is correct or not.
But you had exactly this requirement in your original proposal.

As Felix proposed, let's extend our policy with what we can do and we're
all happy.

 Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler