felix-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Felix Http Base 3.0.14, Http Bridge 3.0.14, and Http Jetty 3.3.0
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2016 06:38:51 GMT
Karl Pauls wrote
> Hm, I think we are running into on of the NOTICE in the root of the bundle
> svn issues again.
>
> Both, Bridge and Jetty do not get their NOTICE copied into their binary jar
> causing the somewhat awkward situation that the source artifacts have a
> NOTICE claiming they contain code from the OSGi Alliance and from Mortbay
> but they really don't - while the binary artifacts have a NOTICE that
> doesn't mention neither but they actually do contain classes from both.
>
> IIRC, the solution is to use the append-resources for the NOTICE and than
> it should work correctly. As with other cases, I personally think that is a
> -1 as I don't like shipping binaries which violate licenses but I can live
> with being overruled by the majority provided we fix this in trunk.

@Karl: I've correct this now in trunk, bridge contains only OSGi code,
and http.jetty code from OSGi and Eclipse
All is licensed under Apache 2.0, so no need for a NOTICE, but I listed
everything in the DEPENDENCIES file.

Could you please verify that everything looks good now?

Thanks
Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler