felix-dev mailing list archives

From David Bosschaert <david.bosscha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release new gogo runtime / jline bundles
Date Tue, 04 Oct 2016 07:16:31 GMT
Hi Guillaume,

Does gogo-runtime have a dependency on gogo-jline or will it work without?
Just trying to understand what Java 7 users will be able to do/are missing
without gogo-jline...

On the version number, if the refactoring was just a change of internal
implementation details without any API changes then, even though there may
be a lot of changes version 0.17.1 would even be ok :)

OTOH when going to version 1.0 I think we're more making a statement: "this
is a good, maintained release" - versions 0.x are generally considered
experimental I think. So I think this is a good thing to do so I would +1
for 1.0.

Cheers,

David