felix-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Felix Security and needed releases
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2016 08:28:50 GMT
Guillaume Nodet wrote
> In order to be able to use security with Felix, we would need a release of
> the framework (FELIX-5384) and configadmin (FELIX-5385).
> I don't think there should be any problem for the framework, but config
> admin has been added some R7 support, so I'm not sure of the state.  An
> alternative would be to create a branch and backport the fix.  And btw, I
> can't really build configadmin without hacking some stuff to disable the
> animal sniffer plugin.

True, we can't release configadmin atm - I started the R7 work there and
until R7 is final, we should not do a release with unreleased official
API. The best is to create a branch.

What exactly does not work with respect to the animal sniffer plugin for
you? It works for me.

For the config admin release, I'm waiting for feedback from Ray for
FELIX-5368 as I really would like to get a fix for that in as well.

> Any takers to do the releases ?
I think I can have a look at the configadmin release in the next days,
probably next week.

Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

View raw message