felix-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: json.org library use
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2016 11:46:24 GMT
Felix Meschberger wrote
> Hi all
> Over at legal-discuss there is a discussion of whether the json.org library with the
amended MIT license (remember the „use for good not evil“ clause ?) should be „banned“
by reconsidering the „A“ rating of this license (assuming the clause is just a joke) and
turning it into an „X“ rating (don’t use based on Debian’s and other’s considerations:
with a RI from glassfish (https://jsonp.java.net/).
> Assuming we would have to change things, I propose we reimplement the API of the json.org
library with javax.json using the Glassfish RI.
> WDYT ?
I think the biggest challenge is the web console - where we have usage
of json.org in the API, so we can't replace that without breaking the API.
Those methods are deprecated for quiet some time, but removing them
would require to bump the major version.

Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

View raw message