felix-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Release new gogo runtime / jline bundles
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2016 22:02:34 GMT
I'd like to release the big changes pending in gogo runtime and gogo jline
Given there are some big changes in the runtime (the jline one is a new
bundle, so it does not matter so much), I'd like to give people some time
to review the changes.

I'd like to do the release next week if there's no concerns.

Some of the new features from gogo runtime:
  * better parser
  * support for redirections
  * support for jobs
  * advanced parameter expansion (such as ${(GL)it/_/-})
Features provided by the new gogo jline bundle (similar to the gogo shell,
but using jline + leveraging the new runtime features):
  * better terminal support
  * full line editing
  * completion
  * syntax highlighting
  * multi line edition

Note that those bundles can also be run outside osgi (jline + gogo-runtime
+ gogo-jline).  I'm using the following command line to launch those from
the felix/gogo directory:

java -cp

Guillaume Nodet