felix-dev mailing list archives

From David Bosschaert <david.bosscha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Converter] Use of Codec
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2016 14:46:01 GMT
Hi David,

The Codecs are to be used as OSGi services, where you can look up the type
via the mime-type. It's described in section 5.2 of RFC 215 :)

Having said that, this was not yet implemented in the Felix Converter, so
I've added that just now [1].

The only thing is that there is no official mime type for yaml yet, so I
just went with a few aliases that I think are commonly used.

Basically the Felix converter bundle now provides these Codec services:

g! inspect cap * 5
org.apache.felix.converter [5] provides:
service; org.osgi.service.converter.Codec with properties:
 osgi.codec.mimetype = application/json, application/x-javascript,
text/javascript, text/x-javascript, text/x-json
   service.bundleid = 5
   service.id = 20
   service.scope = singleton
service; org.osgi.service.converter.Codec with properties:
   osgi.codec.mimetype = text/yaml, text/x-yaml, application/yaml,
application/x-yaml
   service.bundleid = 5
   service.id = 21
   service.scope = singleton