felix-dev mailing list archives

From David Bosschaert <david.bosscha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Converter] Provide-Capability missing?
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2016 09:19:07 GMT
Hi David,

Thanks for pinging here :)

The converter can convert to/from DTOs (BTW this part is not very well
tested yet) but it does not implement the enroute DTO API. Not sure why it
should?

Basically the way you'd use the converter with DTOs would be for example to
convert a key/value map into a DTO.

So that would look like this:
  MyDTO dto = converter.convert(myMap).to(MyDTO.class);
or the other way around:
  Map m = converter.convert(dto).to(Map.class);

You can use any DTO from anywhere, including ones from Enroute...

What is it that you think it should provide in addition?

Thanks,

David