felix-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Providing typical felix dependencies as a pom
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2016 12:58:31 GMT
"most for us", that's the point ;)

I'm still puzzled where to define such BoM.
In Karaf, we already do the validation of the versions all together
(that's one of the Karaf purpose). So, it's the most straight forward way.
In Felix, as we provide each dependency individually, we have to
remember to update and provide the BoM.

> I think we will not be able to globally align dependencies for all
> projects but the resolver should figure out most for us.
> For the worst cases people can use excludes and overrides when the
> depend on the boms.
> Christian
>> On the other hand, the same issue can happen to maintain dependencies
>> aligned in different BoMs.

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
Talend - http://www.talend.com

View raw message