felix-dev mailing list archives

From dav...@apache.org
Subject [Discuss] Develop OSGi Converter Service in Apache Felix?
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2016 16:01:12 GMT
Hi all,

In OSGi work is being done to define a Converter service. The current
working draft can be found here:

I have started prototyping an implementation of this in my personal github
project: https://github.com/coderthoughts/converter

However, it would obviously be nicer to do the implementation an a proper
opensource project, so I'm looking for a home work this work.
Apache Felix would be a good place IMHO as this will be another generally
useful OSGi component. Another place could be Apache Aries, but I was
initially thinking of Felix because this is not really an 'Enterprise'

How would people feel if I would contribute my current very small codebase
with no dependencies to the Felix project and continue development here?

Best regards,

David Bosschaert