felix-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject [DS] Remove pre-R5 fake configuration change counting?
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2016 08:41:03 GMT
A few years ago when R5 was young and not perhaps widely used I fixed some configuration race
conditions in DS using the R5 Configuration changeCount property.  In order to support older
Config Admin implementations I wrote a fake change counter that would sort of work sometimes
for pre-R5 configurations.

Now that R5 is rather old and our DS is the RI for R6 I’d like to remove the fake change
counter so you will really need a R5 or later config admin to use with our DS.

Currently we allegedly support cm version 1.2:

 org.osgi.service.cm;version="[1.2,2)";resolution:=optional, \

and I’m proposing to change the minimum  to 1.5.

We currently use felix cm 1.8.0 which is version 1.5 or R5 to test with (thus the “allegedly”
above :-)

Any objections?

thanks
david jencks