felix-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Git dies of lack of interest?
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2015 16:16:42 GMT

There is, at least, substantial apathy about git on the part of the
sub-communities that work on some of the sub-projects. In my view,
this apathy, including perhaps a bit of antipathy, sunk the discussion
of just converting as one big repo. As I see it, Felix is a bit of a
loose confederation, and Ray's suggestion is consistent with letting
each of the tribes make up its own mind.

At least, that's how I read the recent email messages (and lacks of
email messages).

On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 10:20 AM, David Jencks <david.a.jencks@gmail.com> wrote:
> I apologize for losing track of this whole discussion.  I don’t recall seeing a convincing
to me reason to have, at least initially, more than one git repo.  Wasn’t there even a new
git feature that let you check out only part of a project?
> However many repos we decide on, I’m in favor of git :-)  With my chronic distraction
I will wait a bit to see if someone else organizes the vote (thanks Carsten).

View raw message