felix-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david.a.jen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Anyone interested in 'fileinstall' for config via flattening YAML or Json?
Date Fri, 25 Dec 2015 22:15:37 GMT
Hi Benson,

Can you get to the OSGI RFCs under development for R7?  There’s the Configurer one abstracted
from the enRoute configurer that David mentioned and an object conversion service abstracting
the config-by-annotations from DS 1.3/R6.

I don’t quite understand what you mean by “Object model” and “flattening”.  Does
your project deal with converting nested configurations into e.g. DS references somehow?
Or does it flatten tree-shaped configurations into a single CA configuration?  I’m in favor
of both of these ideas making it into the specs in some form; felix DS already has some support
for tree-shaped configurations using complex keys rather than complex values.

I’d appreciate some more description of what your code does….

thanks
david jencks