felix-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre De Rop <pierre.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: git?
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2015 14:55:37 GMT
Hello Benson;

Currently only DependencyManager is using bndtools and gradle (and IIUC,
SCR will jump to bndtools soon).

So, I propose that you first do a prototype with only all maven based sub
project and make also a jira issue that describes all the impacts,
including any impacts regarding the release process. Then I will look into
it and will help to see how to adapt DM.

However, I think it would be worth to first read the new release process
used by DM in [1] (we are not using maven or the nexus staging repository
anymore, we are only simply using svn from the gradle script).

FYI, the gradle script used to generate DM binaries is the one that is
generated by bndtools. The only specific gradle script we have done is: [2]
and is only used to make releases. The readme from [3] describes how to
make DM releases and how to use the script.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-4818
[2]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/felix/trunk/dependencymanager/release/build.gradle
[3]