felix-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Reducing the number of manual steps in peforming a release at Felix?
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2015 16:24:04 GMT
Am 17.11.15 um 04:35 schrieb David Bosschaert:
> On 17 November 2015 at 00:37, Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org> wrote:
>>> * Step 9 - the downloads page can be made to point to the Maven Repo
>>> which will mean that it does not need to be manually updated any
>>> more...
>> Nope, all official releases must come from Apache.
>
> They would still come from Apache: https://repository.apache.org is an
> Apache server, just a difference one than the SVN one...
>
>>> * Step 10 - this info is available in JIRA, it should not be necessary
>>> to describe the component release again...
>> This is not a required step and we can definitely skip it.
>
> Funny because I only got to know about this one because some trigger
> (probably the one from committing it to the dist repo) always sends me
> an email about it https://reporter.apache.org to remind me - you must
> have better spam rules than I do... the subject is always 'Please add
> your release data for 'felix''

This is a new function which has been added some months back. It's an
optional step and by adding the release there we could use this to
generate the board report. But it's not required and as we do the board
report manually (and I have no problem doing so), we don't need to do this.

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland