felix-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Roadmap for maven bundle plugin?
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2015 18:58:30 GMT
Thanks for the clarifications.

I personally like the external bnd.bnd files. They are more concise than
xml configs.
You should maybe write a blog entry about the annotations and also the
parent configs. I liked the way you generically set up the exports based
on the version annotations but forgot how to do it exactly.

I am not sure about embed dependency. Personally I normally do not use
it but it is used in quite some places. So it would be important to
check what these people try to achieve with the embed and if the same
can be done without.
It would be a shame to have to mix both maven plugins in bigger projects.

Christian

Am 09.11.2015 um 18:36 schrieb Neil Bartlett (Paremus):
> Just addressing a couple of points made on this list.
>
> Yes, we support only instructions in the separate bnd.bnd file (currently). However with
judicious use of Java annotations, we find that you very rarely need bnd instructions at all!
However I don’t agree that this is the "biggest difference" between bnd-maven-plugin and
maven-bundle-plugin… The biggest differences are: (a) no special packaging type, and (b)
no magic/implicit exports.

> The licence of bnd-maven-plugin is Apache. However since bnd-maven-plugin is part of
the bnd project, it is released at the same time as any enhancements made to bnd. This helps
people who want to use the very latest bnd features.

> @Benson: There are no plans to implement Embed-Dependency, and I would oppose any move
to do so since I think it’s such a terrible idea.