felix-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Fixing the DS gogo command
Date Fri, 16 Oct 2015 00:26:11 GMT
I think the @Description annotations on the felix ds gogo command work when gogo is installed
before ds, but when DS is installed first they definitely don’t work, so there’s no help
for the commands in gogo.  The command needs to be in a bundle with mandatory import of the
annotation package or they just won’t get loaded.

I don’t see a good way to put the command into the gogo command bundle since we don’t
want that one to have an import on even the spec scr runtime and dto packages.

So I think the ds gogo command needs to be in it’s own bundle.

Right now the ds gogo command is implemented to use SCRInfo to provide the DTO to text formatting.
 I think ti would be better that a standalone bundle depend only on the spec interfaces (scr
runtime, DTO).  On the other hand having consistent formatting between the gogo command, legacy
shell command, and the ScrInfo command I cooked up would be nice.  What I’m thinking of
doing is extracting the formatting code from SCRInfo and putting it in a private package by
itself.  The standalone gogo command can then pull this package in as private-package and
use it too.

david jencks

View raw message