felix-dev mailing list archives

From Ferry Huberts <maili...@hupie.com>
Subject Re: git?
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2015 13:11:05 GMT

On 27/10/15 13:45, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Looking at this thread, there seems to be no one really against moving
> to git.
>
> When it comes to moving, we have three options:
>
> a) create a single git repo

I'd start here.
It's the simplest and lowest risk thing to do, doesn't break your
parent-pom hierarchy, etc.

It merely switches the VCS.

And then work from there, try out different solutions for your
parent-pom hierarchy, releasing, etc

You can always split out parts of the tree later while preserving
history. Git doesn't mind and has great tooling to do that.

--
Ferry Huberts