felix-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: git?
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2015 10:26:37 GMT
Am 27.10.15 um 11:12 schrieb Benson Margulies:
> My recommendation at this point in the discussion is to convert the
> repo _en bloc_, then split out very independent things (if any), and
> only then contemplate add-ons.

I think we should split up from the beginning. We can split up by
functional blocks, or we clearly identify a number of things where we
already know today that it would make sense to keep them in a single
repository.
Personally, I would put every artifact which is released in a single git
repo. It's a one time conversion from svn to git and with all the
different tooling available ,dealing with several git repos is not that
difficult. But of course different people think and work differently, so
I guess going with a compromise is the best option.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland