felix-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: I'd like to be a committer
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2015 18:45:10 GMT
Hi Benson,

As a community, generally speaking, it's not "elegant" to ask for
committer ship. Just keep on providing patches, contribute on the
mailing lists, etc, and you will get the committer ship.

So, I would more say: "how can I help the Felix community ?", more than
"I'm Maven committer, I gonna provide patches so you will give me the
committer status".

I agree: at the end it's the same, the form is a bit different ;)

My $0.02

> Felix devs:
> I'd like to earn committer status. I'm a Maven committer, and I'm
> prepared to work on whatever the bundle plugin needs; I will keep
> submitting patches, but I can be more efficient with karma. As a
> community, do you have any guidelines for how new people earn karma?
> --benson

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
Talend - http://www.talend.com

View raw message