felix-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cometd and http bundle
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2015 05:34:38 GMT
Am 01.10.15 um 18:52 schrieb Sten Roger Sandvik:
> I am looking at the http bundle which contains jetty, bridge, cometd and
> whiteboard. Have some questions regarding that.
> 1) It includes the whiteboard bundle, but I see that the new whiteboard
> stuff is implemented in http.base. Should we still include the old
> whiteboard jar or should we just remove it?

If we do a http bundle, I guess we should include it for some time for

> 2) I think that cometd is a little troublesome in the http.bundle. First,
> it's bringing in SLF4J dependency. And second, it seems to me that this
> cometd support is really optional and should just be provided on-top of the
> bundle.
The idea of the http bundle is to have a single bundle that contains

> Or, maybe the http.bundle shoud not be there at all? Maybe we should just
> have api, base, bridge, jetty and cometd bundles?
I think removing the http bundle but including the http api in the http
jetty bundle is the better option. Users can then install the jetty
bundle and if they want cometd they add that one, same with the felix
whiteboard support etc.

Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

View raw message