felix-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Willem Janssen <janwillem.jans...@luminis.eu>
Subject Re: git?
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2015 09:19:32 GMT

> On 26 Oct 2015, at 10:03, Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> In the 12+ years I’ve been working on apache projects I can’t recall any time
when I’ve wanted to simultaneously check out different branches of modules of the same top
level project.  Therefore, unless anyone has actual contrary experience, I’d be in favor
of trying a single git repo and refining it into multiple repos if we discover problems in
real life use.  (I have wanted to check out different branches of the same project simultaneously,
but with git this is not helped by more repos).

> But if you to look at two modules in detail, like .e.g. a specific tag
> or branch of event admin and a tag/branch of metatype, you can't do this
> with a single git repo. You can only see one or the other.
> Therefore I don't think a single git repo is a good thing.

"git worktree" solved that inconvenience.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten | Kind regards

Jan Willem Janssen | Software Architect
+31 631 765 814

My world is revolving around INAETICS and Amdatu

Luminis Technologies B.V.
Churchillplein 1
7314 BZ   Apeldoorn
+31 88 586 46 00