felix-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Webconsole: inactive component disappears from /system/console/components/
Date Wed, 02 Sep 2015 05:03:45 GMT
Am 01.09.15 um 16:33 schrieb Carsten Ziegeler:
> Am 01.09.15 um 16:30 schrieb Bertrand Delacretaz:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Using the latest org.apache.felix.webconsole 4.2.10 in Sling, if I
>> deactivate a component at /system/console/components it disappears
>> from the list (and from the underlying json data).
>>
>> Unless I'm missing something, this makes it impossible to reactivate
>> the component.
>>
>> Is this a known issue?
>>
> I assume that's the DS webconsole plugin, not the webconsole itself

Strange, somehow my second paragraph did not make it into the email:
The R6 Declarative Service specification has a clarified component model
and distinguishes between component descriptions and configurations.
While the console displays the configurations, enabling and disabling is
only based on the descriptions. Therefore disabling means the
configurations are removed and nothing is displayed. I think we have to
change the webconsole plugin.

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler