felix-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject [DS] gogo command missing help from descriptors
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2015 15:51:32 GMT
In my environment the gogo console is started long after DS and likely as a result the help
from descriptor annotations never shows up.  Looking at what’s going on, I think that with
the current setup if gogo is started first, then DS, then gogo stopped, DS will recycle due
to the optional import.  This is surely not what we want.

It seems to me that the only way to get the gogo command to work reliably with the gogo console
starting and stopping repeatedly is to put the gogo command in a separate bundle with a hard
dependency on gogo and ds.

Similar considerations would apply to the non-gogo legacy command.  Do we still need to support
this command?

It seems that we are heading towards lots of scr bundles, we have 2, I’m proposing one or
2 more, and I need another one for the annotation to add felix specific options to generated
component xml.  Maybe we should reorganize the tree putting these under a single folder?

Has anyone considered moving felix to git?

thanks
david jencks