felix-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre De Rop <pierre.de...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Felix Dependency Manager Release Candidate R4
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2015 09:46:40 GMT
Hello Bram,

First, thanks for your checks. no problem if I have to cancel this release.
But before, can we discuss in order to clarify and confirm your -1:

So, the latest version of the runtime  bundle comes from the R2 release
(runtime-4.0.1), and the runtime bundle has not been changed in R3, and R4.
That is why the version is unchanged, but binary is different only because
of the Bundle-LastModified headers are different, as you said (I just
verified that):

R3 -> Bnd-LastModified
1432232347449
R4 -> Bnd-LastModified
1433450664064

Let me explain with more details the process I'm using, and confirm if I'm
reasoning write or wrong:

So:

1) the baselining is performed against the cnf/releaserepo, where there is
still the org.apache.felix.dependencymanager.runtime-4.0.0.jar version
(R1).

2) The last time I modified the runtime was done in R2, that's why I did
not modify the cnf/releaserepo where I still have the runtime 4.0.0
version. At the time I modified the runtime before release R2, then
bndtools proposed me to increment the runtime version to 4.0.1

3) Now, the next time I will modify the runtime, I will then update the
releaserepo with runtime-4.0.1. So, then, when I will start to modify the
runtime (before release R5 for example), then bndtools baselining will
propose me to increment the version for the runtime bundle (to 4.0.2 for
example).

so, can you please confirm your -1 ? if your confirm -1, then can you
please suggest how I should then make the next release ?

Indeed, with Marcel, we previously agreed on the fact that a release should
include all binary artifacts.
So, I could systematically increment the bundle version even if the bundles
have not been modified (by systematically updating the releaserepo with all
previously released bundles), but then I think it would be weird to
increment a bundle version even if it has not been changed ?

thanks;
/Pierre