felix-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Needing some help to release Dependency Manager
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2015 10:10:27 GMT
Hello Pierre,

On 4 Mar 2015 at 10:56:00, Pierre De Rop (pierre.derop@gmail.com) wrote:

some progress: while re-reading the Felix release guide, the download page
can be changed from content/downloads.list (see [1]) , and this file seems
to contain some macros which are interpreted by another downloads.cgi
script.

Then, when releasing DM, will it be possible to add in the downloads.list
file a hardcoded link to the released DM artifacts, which link will be:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/felix/org.apache.felix.dependencymanager-r1/
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/felix/org.apache.felix.dependencymanager-r1/org.apache.felix.dependencymanager-r1-src.zip>
?
The code behind this is actually in lib/view.pm and I added some code there to support the
slightly different format of the links so that you can still just add DM to the downloads.list
like any other artifact. Staging confirms that for me nicely [1] (and no, I won’t deploy
the site like this).

Now, I would like to make a release soon (we still have to update the
website documentation), so it would be cool if other people could take a
quick look at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-4818, in order to
check if there is no critical problems with this new release process.
Looks good to me. I’d say let’s move ahead!

Also, does someone knows how to manually release artifacts in maven central
?
No, it would be nice if there is some gradle task that generates a pom.xml and pushes them.
This is however a “nice to have” and we should not block the release for it (binaries
exist for convenience reasons only anyway).

[1] http://felix.staging.apache.org/downloads.cgi

Greetings, Marcel