felix-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Bring work on resolver / framework to trunk
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2015 10:26:14 GMT
Those past days, I've worked again on FELIX-4656 (resolver memory and speed
improvements) and also picked up FELIX-4525 (use the resolver in the
The results of this work can be seen at

The resolver improvements is mostly optimizations given by more specific
data structures for the resolver (both in terms of cpu usage and memory),
and with a few additional tweaks to the resolver algorithm to avoid the
resolution of the same state from multiple branches of the solution tree.

The work on integrating the resolver was mostly done by David Bosschaert, I
just picked it up and fixed the dynamic wiring which was broken and the few
remaining failures in the CT.

The resulting framework passes all the OSGi Core CT tests (those that do
not include security), so unless anyone objects, I'm planning to bring
those changes into trunk.

Thoughts welcomed !

Guillaume Nodet
Red Hat, Open Source Integration