felix-dev mailing list archives

From Pascal Mainini <pascal.main...@bfh.ch>
Subject Accepting all client certificates (FELIX-4797)
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2015 08:13:45 GMT
Dear Felix-developers

a few weeks ago, I have submitted a proposal for a patch[1] enabling the
Felix HTTP/Jetty-service to accept any client certificate without doing
further validation of it. The need for it arises in a project I am part
of and is mainly due to the usecase of enabling authentication using
WebID[2].

After a few initial comments, things - as far as I can see - got quiet,
so I decided to bring the issue to this mailinglist - I hope this is the
appropriate place.

Maybe you can give me an update about the current state/processes or
tell me if I need to go into more details etc.

Many thanks in advance, kind regards,

Pascal Mainini

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-4797
[2] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/webid/spec/tls/