felix-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Paulin <...@apache.org>
Subject Native Selection Filters matching in Native Namespace
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2014 04:24:45 GMT
Per the R6 Spec selection filters should be able to match launching
properties (p 75).  This works fine within the matching the is currently
happening within R4LibraryClause.match() method.  However since we're
now deriving a Require-Capability (p 73 - 74) the matching actually
occurs again within the CapabilitySet.match() method against the derived

For example.  On a Windows system with a x86_64 processor with a run
property of

The following filter should pass:

The issue is within the CapabilitySet class we only match against
attributes within the osgi.native namespace so the launching properties
are not included so it fails to match the native code requirement.  So
I'm curious what we should do here.  A few things come to mind:

1) Add the launch properties to the native namespace
2) Remove the selection-filter prior to passing it along to the
3) Generate the native capacity set but blacklist it from matching
(since we've already done it within the R4LibraryClause.match())

Let me know if you have comments or other suggested approaches.  I'm
thinking #3 may be best since additional matching to resolve the bundle
might not be needed but I might be missing something. Thanks!

- Bob

View raw message