felix-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Framework compilation problems
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2014 12:44:34 GMT
Hi

I have reported FELIX-4695 [1] with two potential patches. I think the Felix class patch is
correct, while the ExtensionManager patch is probably sufficient for this problem.

I would prefer to patch the Felix class at the expense of the org.osgi.framework.os.version
property not exposing the correct version.

Maybe we can improve the normalizeOsVersion method to be a bit more intelligent like the DefaultMaven2OsgiConverter
of the Maven Bundle Plugin does. See FELIX-4696 [2] for a proposed patch.

WDYT ?

Regards
Felix

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-4695
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-4696

> Am 13.11.2014 um 11:42 schrieb Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@adobe.com>:
>
> Hi
>
> Ok, there seems to be a larger problem to this, it seems.
>
> The ExtensionManager creates native capabilities in the ExtensionManager.buildNativeCapabilites()
method. This method gets the PROCESSOR, OS_NAME, and OS_VERSION framework properties to build
this capability.

> On the other hand the R4LibraryClause.match(Map) method uses these same properties but
before using them applies normalisation to them using its own R4LibraryClause.normalize* methods.

> Applying this normalisation to the ExtensionManager.buildNativeCapabilities() method
actually „solves“ the problem.

> Now, I wonder, whether we should actually only have the normalised values in the framework
properties ?

> WDYT ?
>
> Regards
> Felix
>
>> Am 13.11.2014 um 10:03 schrieb Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@adobe.com>:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I can reproduce this. And worse still, it actually prevents the framework from starting
under Linux.

>> The situation is that the ExtensionManager wants to parse the os.version system property
into an OSGi Version. the os.version seems to be based on the kernel version, which in my
case of Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS is 3.13.0-39-generic and is not a valid OSGi version string.