felix-dev mailing list archives

From David Bosschaert <david.bosscha...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Felix and new Framework-Extension activators
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2014 20:55:22 GMT
Hi all,

I was looking at FELIX-4579 around framework extension bundle
activators for Core R6. I did an initial implementation [1] but that
fails the
org.osgi.test.cases.framework.launch.junit.ExtensionBundleActivatorTests CT.

Here's basically what the CT says:
1. When an extension bundle throws an exception in start() this should
be an frameworkEvent (and not stop). However, when I make such a
change (attached) I end up with:
2. One of the tests expects that the framework is in the INITIALIZED
state while it actually is in the RESOLVED state. This confuses me and
I'm actually not so sure what the correct behaviour should be.

Maybe someone who is more familiar with the various states of the
framework initialisation could take a look? This can be observed when
running the Core R6 org.osgi.test.cases.framework.launch tests [2].
Any ideas/help would be appreciated.

Many thanks!

David

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1640381