felix-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Jetty Logging
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2014 11:46:42 GMT
Hi Rob

Yeah, I would think so.

I would think it is just a regression from some Jetty migrations in the past…

Regards
Felix

Am 26.08.2014 um 13:34 schrieb Rob Walker <robw@ascert.com>:

> Thanks Felix - that's how I read it also.
>
> Not urgent for me at present - I have an internal PR to migrate our App to the latest
HTTP Jetty version anyone, so maybe I'll take a look at wiring that debug flag back in at
the same time.

> Do you think it's worth raising a JIRA report for it?
>
> -- Rob
>
> On 26/08/2014 12:01, Felix Meschberger wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> If I see it correctly it all happens in the Jetty org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.Log
class, which by defaults sets up logging to SLF4J which can be overwritten by setting the
„org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.class“ property.

>> Looking at JettyConfig it seems that the debug flag is not currently used. It is
exposed in the isDebug method, but that does not seem to be called. I would think we would
have to „fix“ that in the JettyServer class when starting Jetty up — really early similar
to how we „fix“ the jetty.version setup.

>> Regards
>> Felix
>>

>> Am 26.08.2014 um 09:18 schrieb Rob Walker <robw@ascert.com>:
>>
>>> I'm being lazy here I know, but anyone remember offhand the set of properties
required to get Jetty's own internal tracing/logging piped through to the OSGi logging. Scanning
the code quickly, I can see the JettyLogger class but my head is not quite connecting the
dots on how to get that active.

>>> The org.apache.felix.http.debug = true is fine for service logs, but I'm after
the low level tracing that Jetty spits out as it processes requests

>>> I know this used to just be as simple as setting the old DEBUg=true flag and
using the Jetty StdErrLog flag, but obviously moved on since those days!