felix-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Walker <r...@ascert.com>
Subject Re: Jetty Logging
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2014 11:34:29 GMT
Thanks Felix - that's how I read it also.

Not urgent for me at present - I have an internal PR to migrate our App
to the latest HTTP Jetty version anyone, so maybe I'll take a look at
wiring that debug flag back in at the same time.

Do you think it's worth raising a JIRA report for it?

-- Rob

On 26/08/2014 12:01, Felix Meschberger wrote:
> Hi
> If I see it correctly it all happens in the Jetty org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.Log class,
which by defaults sets up logging to SLF4J which can be overwritten by setting the „org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.class“
> Looking at JettyConfig it seems that the debug flag is not currently used. It is exposed
in the isDebug method, but that does not seem to be called. I would think we would have to
„fix“ that in the JettyServer class when starting Jetty up — really early similar to
how we „fix“ the jetty.version setup.
> Regards
> Felix
> Am 26.08.2014 um 09:18 schrieb Rob Walker <robw@ascert.com>:
>> I'm being lazy here I know, but anyone remember offhand the set of properties required
to get Jetty's own internal tracing/logging piped through to the OSGi logging. Scanning the
code quickly, I can see the JettyLogger class but my head is not quite connecting the dots
on how to get that active.
>> The org.apache.felix.http.debug = true is fine for service logs, but I'm after the
low level tracing that Jetty spits out as it processes requests
>> I know this used to just be as simple as setting the old DEBUg=true flag and using
the Jetty StdErrLog flag, but obviously moved on since those days!
>> Cheers
>> --Rob

Ascert - Taking systems to the edge
SA +27 21 300 2028