felix-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kriens <peter.kri...@aqute.biz>
Subject Apache Felix Maven plugin
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2014 14:56:05 GMT
In the bnd(tools) group We currently are discussing the maven bundle plugin. The idea was raised
to build this plugin during the normal continuous integration so we can keep the version current.
We are already building another maven plugin in our build and releasing it so it should be
quite straightforward for us. This would have the benefit that whenever we release a candidate
or a final version we would put it in maven central as quickly as possible. From a logical
point of view it seems to make sense to move the Apache Felix Bundle plugin into the bnd build
since it is so closely coupled to bnd.

That said, logical is sometimes to rational (and there might be drawbacks we have not considered).
Obviously we do not want to do anything that goes against the wishes of the Apache Felix group,
we value this group way too highly to offend it so if the feelings here are not abundantly
positive then we won't even look in that direction.

Are there any drawbacks? How does this group feel about this?

Kind regards,

	Peter Kriens

View raw message