felix-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre De Rop <pierre.de...@gmail.com>
Subject [VOTE] DependencyManager 3.2.0 and related subprojects release
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2014 18:22:57 GMT
Hello everybody,

It's time for me to try to do my first release (many thanks to Chetan,
Stuart, and Marcel for their help).
So I'm calling a vote on the following artifacts, which is a maintenance
release for dependencymanager:

org.apache.felix.dependencymanager-3.2.0
org.apache.felix.dependencymanager.shell-3.2.0
org.apache.felix.dependencymanager.runtime-3.2.0
org.apache.felix.dependencymanager.annotation-3.2.0

We solved the following issues in this release:

FELIX-3910: Race conditions in DependencyManager
FELIX-4334: ServiceDependency properties change callback issue
FELIX-4285: Remove abstract modifier from DependencyActivatorBase.destroy()
FELIX-4294: Dependency Manager Shell improvements
FELIX-4305: DependencyMananer Adapters - service properties propagation
FELIX-4002: ComponentStateListener.started is invoked twice when the
listener is added in the start method.
FELIX-4395: DependencyManager Configuration Dependency does not clone some
class fields.
FELIX-4014: handleAspectAwareRemoved in ServiceDependencyImpl can cause a
possible deadlock
FELIX-4097: Allow debug logging for specific instances of service
dependencies to debug wiring issues.
FELIX-4098: Aspect swap sometimes invokes the callbacks in the wrong order
in a multithreaded application.
FELIX-4099: Add support for negations in the multi property filter index.
FELIX-4186: NPE in DependencyManager Logger
FELIX-4226: Add option to have the dependency manager log against a single
BundleContext's LogService.
FELIX-4361: Possible ConcurrentModificationException in
DependencyManager.getComponents()
FELIX-4050: Named dependencies are not injected if new dependencies are
added at init phase.
FELIX-4233: Race condition in dependency manager runtime SerialExecutor.
FELIX-3869: Fragment support for DependencyManager-Component
FELIX-4357: Support types beside String/String[] in @Property annotation.
FELIX-3873: Make the reference to json.org consistent in DM artifacts
FELIX-3996: Upgrade to latest bnd version
FELIX-4352: Extend shell command to give better insight in where the
problem is

Other outstanding issues will be addressed later, possibly in the upcoming
Dependency Manager 4.0.

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachefelix-1028

You can use this UNIX script to download the release and verify the
signatures:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/check_staged_release.sh

Usage: sh check_staged_release.sh 1028
<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachefelix-1028>
/tmp/felix-staging

Please vote to approve this release:
[ ] +1 Approve the release

This vote will be open for 72 hours (at least).

best regards;
/Pierre