felix-dev mailing list archives

From David Bosschaert <david.bosscha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about the Felix release process
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2014 11:43:21 GMT
Right - it makes sense to be able to deploy snapshots to the snapshot
repo for the reason you outline or when people want to integrate
SNAPSHOT components before a release, but I guess that doesn't mean it
needs to be part of the release *process*. The ultimate validation of
a release candidate is in checking the staged artifacts in Nexus IMHO.
If people want to integrate snapshots before a release they can use
the snapshot repo whenever they like ;)

Personally I would remove this step from
as it's a little confusing (or at least not very useful) at that point
to me.

On 17 June 2014 12:21, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@adobe.com> wrote:
> Hi David
> Not sure any longer, why we have this SNAPSHOT step. Maybe really it was about building
a release candidate for others to test.
> For the actual release process it is not really relevant.
> Regards
> Felix
> Am 17.06.2014 um 11:37 schrieb David Bosschaert <david.bosschaert@gmail.com>:
>> The Felix release process
>> (http://felix.apache.org/documentation/development/release-management-nexus.html)
>> says that you need to deploy a snapshot using 'mvn deploy'.
>> I'm not sure I fully understand the reason for this? If it is to test
>> the to-be-released artifacts, then these are available in Nexus
>> staging before the release is promoted, right?
>> Thanks,
>> David

View raw message