felix-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Paulin <...@bobpaulin.com>
Subject Re: Wicket and Felix Jetty osgi-bundlecontext Servlet Context
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2014 11:52:27 GMT
Achim,

I have not used Pax Wicket before.  I'm a bit more familiar with Felix
but I'll certainly check it out.  I was able to get the examples working
once I moved the addition of the osgi-bundlecontext earlier in the
doExecute sequence so I was hoping to understand if it had to occur
following the WebAppBundleContext#start.  If this is possible other
Felix users might benefit.  It seems like this could impact anyone that
would require the osgi-bundlecontext with an init event (Filter or Servlet).

- Bob Paulin
On 4/10/2014 11:49 PM, Achim Nierbeck wrote:
> Have you tried to use Pax Wicket it  keeps the pain away in these
> scenarios.
>
> Regards, Achim
>
> sent from mobile device
> Am 11.04.2014 05:04 schrieb "Bob Paulin" <bob@bobpaulin.com>:
>
>> For clarity the init-param exists inside of a filter defined in the
>> web.xml.  Sorry for any confusion.
>>
>> - Bob Paulin
>> On 4/10/2014 9:35 PM, Bob Paulin wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I was working on building a distribution of Felix 4.4.0 and the Wicket
>>> 6.14.0 OSGi example.  I noticed that the Wicket OSGi Test Project has an
>>> init-param that looks up the osgi-bundlecontext servlet context attribute.
>>>   This does not work because of the order things are initialized in the
>>>   JettyService#doExecute method:
>>>
>>> 1) Get Bundle
>>> 2) Start WebAppBundleContext
>>> 3) Create Service Properties
>>> 4) Register Service
>>> 5) Set osgi-bundlecontext Servlet Context
>>>
>>> Since Wicket is trying to use the bundle context within the init of a
>>> servlet init class (in step 2) it's NULL at this point in the execution.
>>>
>>> I wanted to know if there's a reason we could not execute it in the
>>> following order:
>>>
>>> 1) Get Bundle
>>> *2) Set osgi-bundlecontext Servlet Context*
>>> 3) Start WebAppBundleContext
>>> 4) Create Service Properties