felix-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject [DS] Changing the format of the info from commands?
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2014 06:15:59 GMT
The upcoming ds spec has a more sensible data format for DS components built in, and I'd like
to change the output of the SCR commands to match this new format, so we don't have to maintain
two sets of data.  The main change is that instead of each component being represented by
an unconfigured instance or all the configured instances, there's a "definition" layer showing
what the xml tells you and then an "instance" layer showing all the actual (configured) instances.

I hope that this will also mean we don't have to have unconfigured instances around even when
they aren't satisfied just to show the info from xml.

Any objections to this in principle?

thanks
david jencks