felix-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: Any plans to make PojoSR part of Apache Felix
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2014 14:03:58 GMT
On 06 Mar 2014, at 14:58 , David Bosschaert <david.bosschaert@gmail.com> wrote:

> It can be quite useful for people who like to use OSGi Services or
> migrate to OSGi for other reasons, but don't want to handle the
> modularity on the classloader level just yet.

Other applications are to deploy OSGi bundles to environments that have no classloaders, or
even no threads, such as Google AppEngine. We’ve also used it in the past to deploy to Android
(which does have both, but you can run into some differences/restrictions of the Dalvik JVM
that can be avoided this way).

Greetings, Marcel