felix-dev mailing list archives

From Clement Escoffier <clement.escoff...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Felix classes "borrowed" from other projects
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2014 07:04:08 GMT

The conflicting classes you found come from the org.osgi.foundation module. This module defines
the minimal environment on which Felix runs (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/foundation-141204.html).
So yes it includes most of the JDK classes and this is intentional.  This module is never
used at runtime but allows us to compile Felix against the minimal set of classes. So it avoids
surprises when running Felix on J2ME virtual machines.

By the way, I’m not aware of any project still using this module anymore.