felix-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: groovy REPL shell for gogo
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2014 10:51:54 GMT

Am 06.02.2014 um 03:20 schrieb Raymond Auge <raymond.auge@liferay.com>:

> Has anyone seen such a beast?

IIUIC this is a shell which is able to execute Java code as if it would be part of a bundle,
right ?

This sounds terrficly interesting and no, I don't know of such a biest.

But I would think that something could easily be implemented based on BeanShell ?

Maybe along these lines:

  * Start session — installs and starts a pseudo bundle providing the context for execution
  * execute code in the context of the session bundle
  * End session — uninstalls the pseudo bundle for cleanup

Of course, this allows tons of nasty things to be done like starting threads etc. but testing
and development, I could imagine it would be wonderful

> --
> *Raymond Augé* <http://www.liferay.com/web/raymond.auge/profile>
> (@rotty3000)
> Senior Software Architect