felix-dev mailing list archives

From Chetan Mehrotra <chetan.mehro...@gmail.com>
Subject Script Console - A plugin for Felix Web Console
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2013 12:00:15 GMT
I have implemented a Felix WebConsole plugin for evaluating scripts. Its
port of an earlier plugin [1]. Current implementation has no dependency on
Sling and can be used in any OSGi Container. Using this one can inspect the
runtime state of the OSGi runtime and thus simplify debugging.

It provides support for following items

* Support evaluation of script in any language e.g.
Groovy, JavaScript, Ruby, Python etc. You would need to ensure that
relevant language bundle is deployed
* Code editor with syntax highlighting support based on CodeMirror
Javascript library
* Hot key support
* Execute remote testcase via evaluating test scripts

The code is pushed to my forked Git repo for Sling at [2]. Complete details
about the plugin (with screen shots) is provided at [3].

Attached the code to FELIX-4122. If people find it useful I can checkin the

Comments and feedback welcome!!

Chetan Mehrotra
[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-2463
[2] https://github.com/chetanmeh/felix-script-console