felix-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject [DS] Reverting support to easily change service registration properties
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2013 09:32:24 GMT
Hi all

With FELIX-3377 [1] we implemented a simple way for a component to change its own service
registration properties on activation and deactivation or at any time calling a new [Ext]ComponentContext

We also submitted this feature to the OSGi Alliance to enhance the Declarative Services specification.

In the mean time the OSGi Alliance decided to drop this feature again for the reasons explained
in FELIX-4149 [2]. Unfortunately we already have a release of Apache Felix DS/SCR out implementing
the feature. Thus we probably cannot just remove it again; can we ?

So I suggest we disable the feature by default and enable it through configuration. If the
concensus is, though, to ditch the feature again, I am perfectly fine.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-3377
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-4149
View raw message